Food Industry Reporting
Recent Articles: http://supermarketnews.com/author/jenna-telesca
- Probiotic Culture: Probiotic enhanced products are enjoying growing popularity in dairy cases as retailers educate shoppers about their benefits.
- Pest Problems: Fueled by food activism groups, consumer concerns about pesticide residues may be on the rise.
- Harsh Florida Weather Hits Produce, Raises Prices: Freezing temperatures in December decimated Florida vegetables, raising wholesale prices through January, and limiting availability.
- New Dairy, Meat Trends Focus on Flavor, Good Fats: Fat is back. At least healthy fats, eaten in moderation.
- Supermarkets Increase Collaboration With CSA Programs: More retailers are partnering with Community Supported Agriculture programs to provide their shoppers with opportunities to buy fresh, local produce straight from the farm.
- Retailers Highlighting Fresh Cheeses for Summer: As the weather turns warmer this summer, retailers will be offering customers plenty of fresh summer cheeses that pair well with summer produce and grilled dishes.
- Pulled Pork: With pork production costs and wholesale prices on the rise, retailers, analysts and industry groups respond with new ideas.